Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


Hi Everyone,


Hope you are all showered with lots of love, chocolate and stamping goodies. I bet you are shocked that I am actually blogging, but the last month has been absolutely crazy, what with designing, stamping, cutting and making kits for my classes. Now that I am caught up, I will have more time to catch up with you and blog more often.
What have you guys been up to? How did you celebrate Valentine's Day? I would love to hear from you.

Today, I would like to share a card I made for one of my classes. You could easily change the flower with a heart, and make it as an anniversary card or for Valentine's day. I needed a birthday card, so I stamped the birthday sentiment .

For the card, I used a new Hero Arts background stamp and a PaperTrey Ink polka dot stamp on the strip of red card stock. I have so much ribbon, but I never seem to have the right shade to match, so I cheat and use a strip of card stock and then stamp on it so it looks just like ribbon. A perfect match every time. Does that ever happen to you? The Sentiment is also by Hero Arts. I used Prismatics card stock, Versa Fine black ink and lots of glitter.

To those of you that kept on emailing me with the "knock, knock", it worked 'cause here I am posting. Thanks for not giving up on me. I really will try to be better at posting.

Have a great day.

Nicky

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Such a pretty card, Nicky! What a great way to use those large background stamps that always seem to stump me. I love receiving your blog posts - thanks for brightening my day!

Karen Wilson said...

Well hello!! Nice to see you! Your card is gorgeous, as always!! We celebrated Valentine's on Thursday night with a nice quiet, child free dinner out on the town! Was really nice. Hubby bought me some gorgeous roses and a beautiful card. Of course I made his! It's posted on my blog.

So nice to hear from you. Sounds like you've been very busy! I need to get down there and take some of your classes.

Take care, stay warm and chat soon!

Esther said...

Great to see your update, Nicky! Love the card and, as usual, you have provided us with terrific ideas and inspiration and an amazing colour combo...you rock!

dolcreations said...

Your card is lovely Nicky! I love your style...classy, elegant and so perfect.You have that eye for co-ordinating everything together. Something I hope to one day learn! I love how you use your background stamps...very creative. Keep those posts coming...it is so fun to see what you create!

Karen said...

Hi Very lovely card yes life does seem to get in the way Karen TB Ont

Cheryl said...

Always such pretty cards! Thanks for teaching me the other day. Will post later this weekend about them for sure!