Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm baack!!!!!


Hi Everyone,

Firstly,I would like to thank all of you that have emailed me privately to see how my husband is doing after having both his knees replaced and also,how I was doing after fighting the flu for the last 5 months. I am thrilled to say that my hubby is home and doing really well, He is walking around with the aid of one cane and getting stronger every day. I'm finally starting to feel like my old self again. And, let's not forget the renovations from Hell that were supposed to last 3 weeks and lasted 4 months instead. They are finally finished except for finding a vanity and sink for my powder room. I have been trying to unpack and organize my house, on top of trying to take care of my husband and myself. Things have been very crazy hectic around here.

It is so much fun to unpack my crafts and organize them, although it's a lot of work. Every time I open up a box, I get so excited about the stuff in it. I purged a lot of paper, wool, old stamps that I donated to friends and a school. There is no way I could have kept all of the things I have accumulated over the years, and I feel so good that my things were so appreciated.

I know that I am late, but I hope that everyone had fun on Valentine's Day. Since I haven't unpacked my colouring mediums yet, I decided to make a card with the supplies I had on hand.

Can you believe that I actually designed a card without either colouring or glitter .....

To make the card, I used an embossing plate to emboss the red heart, and to cut the heart I used a Quickutz cookie cutter. The white ploka dot heart was cut with a Marvy punch and stamped with Penny Black polka dot border stamp. The large scallop was done with EK success border punch and the bauble was from Stamping Bella.

Let me know what you think about the card, and I will post more often as I unpack my stamping supplies and start stamping again.

It feels so great to be posting again.

Huge Hugs

Nicky


11 comments:

Dana White said...

WELCOME BACK! It's nice to see you blogging again - I've missed you & I love your card!

Laurie said...

What a lovely fresh card, Nicky! I'm thrilled to see you posting again and can't wait for more of your great inspirational ideas. So glad things are finally getting back to normal for you and you're creating once again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicky so glad to hear things are finally getting back to normal. We'll chat for sure once I'm settled, and btw ... love that little heart card even if you didn't use pencils and glitter. Your creativity is always so fresh looking and always inspires me!

Laurie said...

Hi N
Good to see you back!!!!! Glad to hear all is getting better....love your card and yes so different to what we are used to seeing from you!
Laurie VF

Karen Wilson said...

WELCOME BACK my friend!! You've been missed! So happy to hear things are finally coming around for you and sounds like your husband is doing fantastic!! Can't wait to see more creations, I've missed your inspiration!

Love your card and have fun unpacking!! It'll feel new all over again!

Karen Motz said...

Yay Nicki!!! Welcome back!!! So glad to hear everything and everyone in your house is getting back to normal! Love this card...it's your signature style with all the white space...you're SO good at that!

dolcreations said...

Glad to hear everyone is on the end! Happy to see you are posting again Nikki! Love this Valentines card...so crisp and clean and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great card, Nicky and welcome back. Glad to hear things are on the mend!! :)

Leslie said...

I'm so happy you're back! Glad to hear hubby is doing better and the renovations are nearing an end. Love your card, so clean and pretty!

Unknown said...

Nicky
So nice to hear that everything is coming together for you. Like you I suffered through that 3 month flu H1N1 thing Where are you teaching now?
chris

Bonnie Weiss said...

Finally, I found your blog, Nicky! I looked for you at Scrapfest but never did see you. Happy to hear that your hubby is getting better.

~Bonnie Weiss~