Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Wednesday


Hi Guys,

I know that it has been awhile since I have posted, but things have been so busy at the Stamping Bella store with both the free shipping and the launch of the amazing new stamps, that this is the first chance I have had to post.

I hope that you go and check out the new challenge for this week at http://stampingbella.com/blog/. The challenge is Happy Birthday and it was picked by our very own Bellarific Babe Dana. Who knows, but that you might win some Bella Bucks, if you either leave a comment or participate in the challenge.

I decided to re-do one of my cards, which originally was a square card in yellow, pink and blue, to a rectangular card in turquoise, black and kraft card stock. I used Rollanda Ketto and paper pieced both Rollanda's dress and roller blades . I used Lyra pencils and odorless mineral spirits to colour the rest of the image. The glitter, ribbon and bonbonz finish off the card. I just love this colour combo. What do you think ?

Thanks so much for stopping by.

I would love to hear from you, so leave a comment.

Hugs,

Nicky


13 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

So fabulous, Nicky! I love the layout!

Anonymous said...

Love the Ketto's Nicky! Super cute card too!

Laurie said...

Great job, Nicky! The half circle is perfect on this layout with the Rollanda Ketto image. I love the colour combo, too.

dolcreations said...

Absolutely beautiful NickY!
As always perfect colour choices!
I love how you paper pieced!
Great job....Christine

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Nicky!! Glad to have you back! I hear things have been crazy down in Bellaland!! Love your card, very pretty and as Christine said, I love the paper piecing as well. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute Ketto card Nicky, the layout is awesome!

Carolyn said...

Such beautiful colors. You are such an inspiration. When I grow up .... I wanna be just like you. LOL. You just keep amazing us girl!!

Lucia said...

How cute is she.

Mandi said...

So cute! I so need to add this Ketto to my collection soon! :)

Robb_eeie said...

Hey Nicky ~~ Adorable creation using Bella's Ketto image :) You have a brilliant knack for being able to layout your card and make your image come alive. Guess that's why you're the Teacher and I'm the student ! LOL

Have a great weekend & Happy Mother's Day :)

Leslie said...

Super cute Nicky! LOVE the layout and your colours. :)

Karen Motz said...

Another FABULICIOUS creation Nicky...love everything about it!

JWill795 said...

What a great card Nicky! I love it!