Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's my Birthday





I planned on posting these 3 cards on Monday June 2, as it was my Birthday but ooops had some technical difficulties loading them up. Hopefully this time when I post them they will turn out.
I had such a great day. I was really spoiled with lots of hugs, kisses and lots of prezzies from my wonderful husband, co-workers, friends and students. My kids send me a fabulous chocolate covered strawberry basket that was so yummy and very pretty to look at. Emily and Ryan ordered sushi for lunch double yum (thanks, I love u guys.)
My celebrations really started on Saturday while I was teaching my classes 3 of my students also really good friends ,that I love and adore (Maralyn, Esther and Karen) brought me 2 not 1 but 2 delicious cakes, prezzies and lots of laughs and I had the best time.
Back to the cards . When I first saw this Wedding gown circle by http://www.stampingbella.com/ I knew exactly what I was going to do with it, and hoped it would turn out to look soft, feminin and elegant. I think it did.
I don't know if you can see clearly that I used the cuttlebug embossing folder and then glittered around the flower and stem. I cut the bow and used a pop dot to raise it. I used Lyra coloured pencil and mineral spirits to colour. Of course I had to add some more glittah on the bow and around the white circle.
The second card was inspired by my friend Irene and was done by first punching a square in the center of the pink layer. I then crimped the center only and adhered it with pop dots. I stamped the happy birthday 3 times and stamped the slouchy purse from the Cilla Rose collection from http://www.stampingbella.com/ then cut it out and popped it for dimension onto the pink layer. Then layer that onto the black cs and then to the pink base card, the 3 pink baubles just finish the card.
The 3rd card is Betty Bombshell, don't you just loooove her.. I used the swirl cuttlebug embossing plate cause it reminded me of waves and thought that it made the perfect background. I coloured with Lyra pencils and mineral spirits.
I just love these Bella stamps so much . They really are my favourite stamps, cause they are so versatile, whimsy and sofisticated all at the same time. The sentiments are fabulous and are perfect for the images . I hope that you guys try the other stamps as well and not just the characters , they are great for any occassion.
I promise that I will get better at posting and will not ramble on and on like this. If you have read this far thank you.
Mwah & Hugs
Nicky
All supplies from Stamping Bella
Stamps:
wedding gown circle;
slouchy purse;
happy birthday;
betty bombshell
Ink: memories black
Paper: prism
Ribbon: May Arts
Bella glitter
Baubles pink



10 comments:

christine said...

love, love, love all the cards!!! i got a chance 2 call you sweet nicky so happy belated birthday hun! cant wait 2 come in and see you all 2moro...if you get this tonight dont forget your laptop tomorrow :)
hugssssssssssssss :)

CdnSweetheart said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sorry I didn't log on in time to send you best wishes on the actual day. It's really nice to reconnect with you again and I am looking forward to taking some classes again soon...love the blog and the cards are so adorable!!! as always... stay in touch...ciaoooooooo! hugs Lisa

Shannan Teubner said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear NICKY....happy birthday to you!!! Nobody told me so you got a song, just a little late. MWAH!!!

Beth M said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Congrats on the new blog too! Love your cards!

Maria said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great day and even better year! Of course just lovey your cards.

Toni said...

Happy Birthday! Love your cards and love your blog. I'm going to be a regular visitor!

Rebecca said...

Hi Nicky! The cards are so beautiful!! I love the bridal one the most. I can't wait to have an occasion to use it for. It's so elegant and feminine.

Great class tonight too! You make such lovely cards and I always leave each class with a full heart. I enjoy it so much!
Thanks again!
Rebecca

Jen Hoover said...

NICKY!!! Happy belated Birthday!!

I am proposing that you and Queen Bella put together a calendar of classes somewhere? I need more!! :D

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to you! CUTE cards - as alway. I love your work, and always love more ideas with all things bella!

Kim's Life said...

Happy Birthday! Great cards!!!